Family Law Attorney
Marina del Rey: (424) 500-2983

Modification of Orders

There are many reasons to seek a post-judgment modification of a family court order in Los Angeles. Valid reasons include a change in the needs or circumstance of either party or because one party is not following through on his or her court-ordered obligations. At the Law Offices of Evan Braunstein, Los Angeles modification of orders lawyer Evan Braunstein has experience preparing, negotiating, and litigating in court for modification of a variety of orders.

While some matters are resolved with finality, such as the division of property, other areas of a Los Angeles divorce agreement can be modified when a party’s circumstances change. The three areas that typically have grounds for modification are:

Child Support: Child Support is a formula based on several factors and is calculated with a computer program such as Dissomaster. If there is a change of circumstances and any of the factors in the formula change (e.g., either party’s income or the custody timeshare with the children), then the parties may be entitled to a modification of child support.

Child Custody and Visitation: A court order or an agreement for child custody can be modified either by the court or by the parties. As children grow up, their needs and interests may change. The situations of the parents may also change necessitating a modification of the custody agreement. This can be the case in a “move away” situation where one parent wishes to move to another county, state, or country and take the children, dramatically affecting the custody/visitation opportunities for the other parent.

Spousal Support: Spousal support can be modified by either party. Typically, one party either requests more support or asks to pay less support. Parties may also seek to modify the duration of support or seek to terminate support.

If you have recently experienced a change in your material circumstances, the Law Offices of Evan Braunstein in Los Angeles can provide you with representation to guide you through the process of modifying orders in a judgment of dissolution.

Evan Braunstein
Phone: (424) 500-2983
Fax: (310) 492-4025

Quick Contact


    Privacy Policy | Disclaimer | Terms & Conditions